AnsweredAssumed Answered

Passing workflow job variable to IGL report

Question asked by Boleslaw Mynarski on Apr 29, 2020
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2020 by Ian Staines

This is becoming more urgent with every passing day.  Having hundreds of review definitions and reports going along with them, it becomes unmanageable.  So I want to create a report "template" that would take workflow job variables and expand them to their values.

For example, we might have a report giving a detailed information on currently running review (we have between 15-30 reviews running at any given time.  Don't ask. :-) ). so the only thing changing in the review is the results review name.  

So, I want to have an escalation running every week, for example, from within results review that will run such a report.  So if the review definition is "Supervisor Career Change Review", the review result would be "Supervisor Career Change Review-1", and so on (1, 2, 3, 4, and so forth).  Currently it can be handled with "LIKE" clause but I want to avoid it (each review result would run the same report, in essence).  I want to drill down to "Supervisor Career Change Review-1" and that's where workflow job variable comes in.

Is there a way for me to pass it to a report definition (e.g. :VAR in a report)?  If not, I can run query directly in the workflow but how would I dump it to a CSV as I believe, you do not provide access to file system, correct?  I want to stay away from java here.

Any ideas, direction would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes